Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Bike Fit

Having finally managed to start riding my bike again I am really happy to report that my back is absolutely fine. No back pain at all. However, my knees are significantly less happy than they used to be.

I rode for 2½ hours on Saturday and then for another hour on Sunday and I am in terribly bad shape. I can't imagine every being fit enough to race again, but I suppose it will come back if I work at it and start to improvc my diet again.

One of the problems of increasing training though will be that my knees are also out of practice when it comes to cycling and given my problems in the past, I have decided to get a proper bike fit done using the Retül system (which originates in Boulder, CO) in an effort to minmise my risk of injury.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:57 pm

    We, in Boulder, are all on diets (except Rose). Our bikes probably don't fit but then we don't ride them much.
    Get pedalling and visit us soon!
    WRM

    ReplyDelete