Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Bike Fit

I spent 3 hours sitting on my bike on a trainer (roller, not a person) last night to get my bike fit done. The guy did some basic checks on me first to check that my legs are mroe or less the same length and that I am flexible enough.



Not me


Still not me

The next step was to attached velco pads to my feet, ankles, knees, hips, shoulders, elbows and wrists to which he then attached some light things for a special 3D camera to trace. Then I did several sessions of riding whilst the camera and a computer watched me. He said my initial fit was not bad, my saddle hieght wa correct but it needed moving forward by 5mm and my handle bars were a little low and close so now I have another 5mm or so of spacers under my stem and I need to get a stem that is 10mm longer. He has also suggested getting a shallower drop bar but I am not sure whether to do that or not at the moment as it will move everything that he has just put in place and they are (of course) expensive!
I'll put up the pictures when he mails them to me.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:14 pm

    5mm?
    Thats the amount you would rise after a bacon sandwich!
    m

    ReplyDelete