Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Famous iDave diet

So it is now only 15 weeks until the Marmotte (bike race up and down mountains in France) and I have started training again with some sort of enthusiasm. I am having a bike fit done on Tuesday next week to sort out why my knees are hurting when I ride and I suppose things are falling into place.

Except for the one big issue that I have been avoiding. My weight. I have gained a few kg since my back problems last year and I need to get rid of them (plus a few more ideally) so I need to get cracking on the diet front.

I am going to have a go at this one and see how it goes.

Basics

• NO bread, pasta, rice, potatoes etc
• NO drinks with calories
• NO fruit
• NO Cereal
• NO Dairy
• As in NONE. Just don’t do it, even a bit

As much as you want of …….
• Vegetables
• Beans/lentils
• Lean meat
• Eggs
• Seeds/nuts
• Lots of water
• Coffee
• Red wine with meals.
One day a week eat what you want

It is based on controlling insulin development and the guy who told me about it has coached many successful athletes from Tour de France stage winners to world champions so hopefully it will work. The main problem is that it is a big departure from my current eating habbits. I have eaten cereal for breakfast for my entire life and I don't think that will be an easy habit to break, but I'll give it a try and just MTFU.

15 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:52 pm

    Sounds good, but how can you eat your egg with no soldiers?
    I've lost nearly a stone now & my knees love it.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:56 am

    Seems to be a conflict between the final points of each list!
    wrm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently it is important to splurge one day a week in order to stop your metabolism slowing too much.

    My biggest problem is knowing what to eat for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:00 pm

    Is a habbitt somthing for the hobbits?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:58 pm

    Eggs and bacon, fruit? I disagree about letting go once a week! Slowing your metabolism? WTF
    WRM (eating cereal and blueberries with almonds)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:21 pm

    I couldn't refrain from commenting. Perfectly written!

    my webpage - Oklahoma Seo Company

    ReplyDelete
  7. Except for the one big issue that I have been avoiding. My weight. I have gained a few kg since my back problems last year and I need to get rid of them (plus a few more ideally) so I need to get cracking on the diet front.
    kurti stitching job work ,
    kurti factory ,

    ReplyDelete