Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Shaving woes

One of my favourite Christmas presents was a Merkur VISION razor from T&B. It is a rather large and heavy razor and is supposed to be about as good as it gets in terms of DE safety razors. It took me rather longer than I had hoped to be able to wield it safely and effectively and then last week after I had cleaned it, something was out of live when I put it back together. Suddenly the blade gap was terrifyingly large and I couldn't get it back to how it had been. In the meantime, I have bought one of these:

It is a Merkur travel razor and I used it this morning for the first time. Compared with the VISION, it is a doddle to use, I don't think I could cut myself if I tried. So I will send back the VISION and see if it need some sort of repair or adjustment and in the meantime I will stick with the funny little travel razor. At least I managed to shave this morning without a stream of blood running down my face from the freshly removed mole on my right cheek as I have had each time I have shaved since last week.

3 comments:

  1. I find that heavy razors are difficult to control. Cut throat razors are where it's all at!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:27 pm

    Too much bloody information.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:20 am

    Fusions take a lot of beating! G

    ReplyDelete