Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Getting back on track

Over the winter I managed to keep in reasonable shape and not to gain too much of the weight that I lost last summer. I think I was around 98kg in January compared with around 108-110kg last year. The spring has gone well and I am going quite well on the bike, but I have eased up on the controlled eating and found myself taking rather more chocolate and cake than I should. The result is that my weight has slowly crept up a couple of kg and I am now in the process of shedding them again.

I started my diet last May with the intention of getting down to 95kg and it all went so well that I decided I should aim for 90kg. In the end I did get to about 95 but not for long and I lost some of the enthusiasm for dieting once my bike racing was over for the season.

This year I have a slightly changed approach. When I had a medical at work a few weeks ago I was asked what my target weight was, when I said 90kg, he said that seemed too low and I would have to really battle to maintain that. Instead he said that 93-94kg was more realistic so that is what I am aiming at for now.
The extra motivation is that MK will let me get some race wheels if I get to 93kg. Game on.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:29 pm

    For how long and on who's scales?

    ReplyDelete
  2. On our own scales which oddly weigh about 1kg heavier than the ones used at work for the medical. I guess it needs to be for a week and most importantly, not just after a hard bike ride that can easily leave me 1kg lighter due to dehydration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:30 pm

    What happened to my comment?
    My weight has gone down a little.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no idea what happened to your comment. What was it?

    ReplyDelete