Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Dust Cup #2

I missed the first round of the dust cup because it was the night before we went to England and I couldn't quite deal with the 1½ hour each way drive and the late night on top of packing and getting everything ready to go.

Tonight is round 2 and I need to get a decent performance in if I am to move back up the field from my starting point near the back. Hopefully there will be no mechanical problems because my front shifter is bent and not working 100% (oddly enough, one of my road bikes has the same problem) and I haven't cleaned the bike for 2 rides now which is criminal really. You should never line up for the start of a race on a dirty bike.

The diet is going well, but is far from fun. This morning I was 1.2 kg lighter than I was on Monday morning, I don't think that will continue at the same rate, but it is gratifying to know that the grumbling tummy is at least having some effect. Just another 6kg to go before the wheel shopping can start...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:31 pm

    Well done.
    Get DK to clean the bike - he's free.
    m

    ReplyDelete