Wednesday, May 19, 2010

New glasses


This morning I have been to pick up my new glasses. They are really comfortable and great for looking at things far away. The varifocal bit is taking some getting used to and at the moment, I feel like I can see better without them on. I think I will have to get used to moving my head all the time to make sure that what I am looking at is in the sweet spot for the lenses. I hope it gets easier because at the moment, I am struggling to see things that are close up including reading what I am typing here, although the keyboard looks super clear.

None of this is helped by the fact that I stayed up until nearly 01:00 last night to watch the finish of the stage of the Amgen Tour of California (a bike race if you don't know) having cleaned 2 bikes ready for a race tonight and training tomorrow and washed the car. I also did a 45 minute Pilates session at some point in the evening as well.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:47 pm

    A good incentive to try with looking down your nose for close up work would be to have two pairs of glasses and keep changing, dropping,losing them! After two days I was ready to try anything.
    Give it a week.
    Wrm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:04 am

    you look like a serial killer, perhaps it's just the expression.
    I never had a problem with my varifocals, despite being told that I would have trouble going downstairs.
    They work anyway - no typos!

    It could make you feel old, having a son wearing varifocals.
    Hope the race went well.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee thanks, that's just what I wanted to hear, I was actually going for the serial killer look anyway.
    I think the eyesight is mostly a function of staring at a computer screen for 8+ hours every day than anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:59 pm

    I made B think again about the comment he was giong to post here!!!!
    E

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:09 pm

    Now I am really intrigued by what he was going to say. You don't need to censor him ( I hope...)
    William

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:24 pm

    Was it "He should have gone to S........."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:07 pm

    None of the above. I will tell him he is uncensored and see if he confesses
    E

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8:25 pm

    Go on, we know that B is a downtrodden man.

    ReplyDelete