Thursday, May 20, 2010

Dust cup #3

158 out of 315 riders overall and 83 out of 157 for the open men's category. As usual. I am bang in the middle of the field.

It was a really nice evening racing just behind the beach near the north coast of Sjaelland. My forks really need servicing so I think I will have to try and get the equipment ready to do it this weekend. I got a 1cm long piece of flint in my back tyre half way through the race, but the liquid latex in my tubeless tyres filled the leak around the edges of the flint and I finished the race without flatting. When I took the flint out in the car park the tyre went straight down and now I have to figure out how to fix the hole if the latex doesn't do it alone. I suspect it will be a messy job whatever happens. Time for some research on fixing holes in tubeless tyres and I'll post some photographs later when they are published on the Dust cup website.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:18 pm

    Great.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:36 pm

    Try a new tubelss after gloop unless you ant grief! I think it inhibits a good vulcanised repair.
    G

    ReplyDelete
  3. ??

    You can get a special plug of some sort to put in the hole. I need to get one though.

    ReplyDelete