Tuesday, May 11, 2010

New Helmet

There was something (almost) interesting to add from the weekends events.

When I came to put on my hekmet for the first laps on Saturday the retention system inside it had snapped on one side. I didn't have time to do much about it at that stage so I used some wire cutters to remove the sharp bit left behind and put it on my head. Whilst riding, the helmet bounced around quite a lot and was dropping over my eyes, but it was still usable for the time being. I don't know how well it would have stayed on if I crashed, but I didn't plan on crashing.



In my 2 hour break between rides, I took a walk through the expo and was happy to find the two Brits who are the distributers for Catlike helmets in Denmark. They gave me a great price on a new Whisper helmet and a case to protect it because I think I have broken my last two helmets in transit. On top of that, they were happy to send me an invoice because I didn't have enough cash on me. Sometimes the trusting Danish culture can be really helpful.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:18 pm

    What a relief that there was a shopping opportunity for a new hekmut.
    It looks very nice.
    Thanks for the top. I love it.
    m

    ReplyDelete