Friday, August 21, 2009

B type won out this morning

My alarm went off at 6 and I was out of bed checking the weather at about 6:10. It had been raining and was overcast, but in general looked to be OK. The ride was on.

I grabbed my iphone and headed for the throne in order to wake up and to see what was going on in the world before getting into the lycra and going out on the wet weather bike. Unfortunately, but the time I had done my business and checked up on the state of the world, DK and J were both awake and out of bed (I was only on there a couple of minutes, I promise)
By this stage, there was no way I was going to be out the door before 06:30 meaning that I would be home somewhere around 7:45 and definitely into the late for work time zone by the time I had showered and eaten.

Ride aborted :-(

The thing about these early morning rides, is that you have to get out as soon as you can, no procrastinating, no dithering around deciding what to wear or trying to work out what time you'll be back. That stuff has to be done the night before so that you can roll out of the sack, into your shorts and out the door - it's the only way.

Tomorrow morning I am having a hair cut at 8 so I can sleep in a little and have a ride later in the day. If I can manage to get out of bed, then maybe MK and J can have their pancakes for breakfast before I have to go out. It really depends how long the little-uns sleep for.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:00 am

    All three little uns?
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:54 am

    Sounds more of a man type, avoiding the hassle of getting the kids up and fed.

    ReplyDelete