Monday, December 08, 2008

Everything but time

I managed to spend a lot of time doing very little at the weekend. We had a really nice relaxing morning on both Saturday and Sunday (I was even allowed to sleep past 9:30 on Sunday!) with slow breakfasts and plenty of tea. It is funny how a pot of tea in the morning has become one of life's luxuries especially as I rarely drink a cup before leaving the house during the week these days.

I managed to finish building my new bike on Saturday including a few small mistakes that took me a while to work out (like feeding the gear cable through the wrong part of the shifter - I didn't know it could be done until then...), but I got it together in the end and went for a successful spin around the block in the dark. I took some pictures and I'll try to post them soon.

On Sunday I had a chance to actually ride it , however, after my lie in and long breakfast I foolishly decided to fit the mudguards before I left. An hour and a half later it turned out that there was no way I could go anywhere and be back in time for our afternoon rendez vous with K&L. So guess what? I had a shower and skipped the ride. Initially I was cursing my procrastination, but then realising that if I had been truly motivated to ride, I would have. I guess that deep down I just wanted to spend the time fettling and I should simply embrace that and enjoy it. I did and felt a weight lifted from my shoulders.

I have bought clothes to the office today so I am hoping that I'll manage to get out of bed and ride in tomorrow morning. We'll wait and see...

2 comments: