Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Did it!

I got out of bed at 6:20 this morning, 2 hours after J joined us and began the process of slowly pushing me out with his feet. I think the Danish tradition of giving kids presents during advent is nice, but J is getting up earlier and earlier each day to see what the Nisse (elf type things apparently) have left for him.


Anyway, I got out of bed, cleaned my teeth, ate some cornflakes and hit the road on the new bike in the pitch black and the rain. The bike worked perfectly, the lights are excellent and all in all it was only moderately unpleasant. By the time I left the main road to take the small quieter roads, it was getting light, the rain had stopped and it was even becoming pleasant to be out. I am looking forward to the ride home this evening but I guess that by the time I am home, 90km will probably seem rather more than I am able to comfortably ride given my inactivity for the last month.


That which does not kill you, makes you stronger apparently and anyway it was a good excuse for a big lunch.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:57 am

    Good photo! Is that you or your ghost?
    When do we see the bike? What genus of bike is it? Another road bike? We need explanations without too. U h jargon (isn't that true of life in general?)
    What time does the elf delivery occur?
    wrm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid it is neither me nor my ghost.
    The elf delivers just before we go to bed, but that may need to change

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:38 pm

    I suggest that the elves deliver after breakfast if you have been very good.
    T & KP (T really) have had the good behaviour or SC will not visit since August.
    Seems to work.
    m

    ReplyDelete