Wednesday, June 02, 2010

wet wet wet


I did manage to get myself together to go out cycling last night with the bike club. It rained fairly heavily for the entire ride and I was cold, soaking wet and filthy dirty by the time I got home 2+ hours and 70km later. At least I had made an effort to burn off the cake that we all ate in the afternoon.

Typically, the sun is shining now and I am sure it will be a lovely evening for me to mow the lawn tonight and then rain again on Thursday when I plan to ride next.

DK had a check up yesterday and is doing fine, he has gained a kilogram and grown 6 centimetres since that set of doctors last saw him before his operation in January.


I don't think I ever published the fact that we actually ordered a Toyota Aygo last week. After some research into used prices and considering the overall experience of owning the thing, we decided to buy the special edition 5 door version with the fancy wheels, extra airbags, metallic paint, electric windows and remote central locking. I negotiated a pretty good price along with some winter tyres and rust protection treatment for the Mazda along with it!

Delivery is expected some time at the end of June/start July so I think we will get it when we are back from our summer holiday.

The highlight of the whole buying experience was 30 seconds after we walked into the dealership when Jeremy said "can't you just hurry up and pay for the car so we can go home?"

That didn't help the negotiating too much...

No comments:

Post a Comment