Thursday, June 17, 2010

Dust cup #4 - Not too good

I rode to the race and back which meant that it was a long evening in the saddle. I left home at about 17:20 and got home again at 21:20 with 1½ hours of racing in between. I was really tired when I got home.

The race felt really rubbish, I rode like a poorly coordinated old man and fell off several times including one comical over the bars moment that left me careering down a slope towards a stream and having to grab a tree to stop myself before the water. I came in 179th out of 289 starters which is actually not as bad as I thought it may have been. I was suffering from a lack of sleep and training over the last week or so and was really not on the ball at all especially when it came to the technical sections. If I am going to carry on racing mountain bikes, then I need to train more off road rather than just using the racing as my only mountain bike riding.

I will post some photographs here when they are available at the dustcup website.

No comments:

Post a Comment