Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Herniated DIsc



I have been back to the chiropractor this morning and it seems that there must be some herniation of the disc between my 4th and 5th vertebrae. As a result I fell as though someone is standing on my calf muscle most of the time and am having trouble getting up, sitting down, putting on my shoes and so it. It is actually rather crap and doesn't seem to be making much progress towards getting better.

After the chiro, I went and bought 2 new ice packs to start lying on whilst I am on the floor in the hope that it will help with it. I am told that it should be ok for me to drive to Italy for our holiday so I hope that is correct. In the meantime, standing or lying down only, ice as much as possible, lots of ibuprofen and no sitting.

I have more or less given up on the rest of the cycling season and am now concentrating on not eating so that I am not 50kg overweight by the time I am able to start considering exercise again...

2 comments:

  1. I know how it feels since i also have a herniated disk and it took months to get better. My doctor didn't suggest anything for it to get better just to rest. After alot of research over the internet I found some good info. I’ve writen an article from my experience with my back pain and you should check it out. Hope you find it useful. All the best

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend in Orange Park, had just started his series of visits to the chiropractor. I'm not sure what's exactly wrong with his spine. He just said he needs to get his spine treated for faster recovery. I haven't heard from him in a month now, so I hope he's just doing fine. How's your back now, William?

    ReplyDelete