Friday, June 18, 2010

Presciption sunglasses

Over the last couple of weeks I have grown accustomed to seeing things clearly all the time, rather than just when driving. I am even getting used to the rather odd varifocal lenses and some of this is not even blurred before me as I type (not much though).

The downside of this is that I am now much more conscious of not being able to see when I take my glasses off and although I can see reasonably without them, there is a general lack of clarity and detail that seems both odd and unwelcome. Here comes the annoying bit though, I can't come to terms with cycling with my glasses on and I don't really want to do it. (I don't know why and I don't want to think about it at the moment)

Anyway I have come up with a solution and it, obviously, had to involve spending some money:


I have ordered some prescription Oakley jawbones with transitions photo chromatic lenses which "should" be OK for me to use all year round if the lenses change as well as the other ones that I have without the prescription. When these arrive I can sell the old ones and hopefully won't be horridly out of pocket, but I guess they will end up costing a little bit in the end. The other major benefit of ordering these is that they won't have the disconcerting problem of making everything blurred when I look down at my front wheel like the normal glasses do. I suppose that will make them nicer to drive in too.

There are still no pictures on the web from Wednesday's race, maybe someone will take some tomorrow morning if my back is in good enough shape for me to turn up...

No comments:

Post a Comment