Monday, June 07, 2010

Weekend

We (or at least I) have had a great weekend. I was up very early on Saturday morning for a bike race that started at 08:00, an hours drive away. I finished in the same time as the winner (that is what happens when a group cross the line together) but I places 30th in the overall classification of the race. I was happy to stay with the group and we did 80km in 2 hours so according to my computer at least, that was an average of exactly 40kph. It felt fast!

Yesterday some mountain biking friends came over after lunch and we went for a ride in the forest before having a barbecue. J and MK had made some delicious food for us whilst we were out and we had a nice relaxed evening sitting in the sun eating and drinking. J went to bed back in his old bedroom as we finally had to admit that J and DK sharing a room didn't really work as they kept each other awake in the evening and woke each other up in the mornings.

Today I will have a short day at work as I am going to the ear doctor with MK and DK for the little guy to have drains put in his ears for the 4th time. Hopefully when he can hear properly again, he will start to say something that we can understand...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:56 pm

    Aaaarrhh, or is that aarhhh?
    I hope that it all went well & the gromits are securely fixed.
    m

    ReplyDelete