Tuesday, March 23, 2010

VVS man cometh

Today we are getting a visit from the VVS man(heating, water and sewerage I think) and an alternativ energy dude to talk about getting some solar panels, earth heating, new oil burning stove or connection to the local heating system thing. Given that we have so many alternatives and that we also want to know what effect it may have on us adding an extra floor in the roof space, I am almost certain that we will not get much of any use from them. There are simply too many variables for them to cope with.

I expect the answer will also mean that we need completely new radiators and piping, not to mention a new chimney. I guess time will tell.

I haven't ordered it yet, but I think I'm getting one of these to replace my dying Garmin 305:

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:11 pm

    You can just drop a stainless liner in the chimney and re-piping with the basement under most of the house would be a piece of cake. Solar panels will likely make the roof leak though! they will make holes and break tiles attaching and connecting them. Does the sun ever shine anyway?
    wrm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:42 pm

    Surely he would be the HWS man.
    As a complete ignoramous, the local heating scheme sounds the best bet.
    The offers still open to come & dig up the garden if you go ahead with the underground bit, but make it snappy before aj & I are too decrepit to wield a pick & shovel.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently our garden isn't beig enough to heat a house the size of our without drilling the holes straight down and that costs waaaaay too much

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:35 pm

    So aj & I are off the hook?
    We could paint the walls & plug J & D's ears.
    m

    ReplyDelete