Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Early mornings and insomnia

Normally the kids wake us up in the mornings and we are all out of bed around 7 these days. This morning I had to get up at 6 in order to drive accross the country to our head office so I set the alarm clock at bedtime and tried to get some sleep. The problem is that when I have not used the alarm clock for a while and I also know that I need to get out of bed early, I tend to sleep badly because I worry too much about oversleeping. In the end I woke up every hour or so during the night to check the time until J came in to see us at about 5:30 at which point I realised that the opportunity for a good nights sleep was passed.

In the end I had a uneventful journey and arrived at the head office only a little later than planned and ready for another busy day.

I suspect that the drive home will, however, be somewhat more difficult if only becuase I'll be fighting to stay awake. I supose I can spend the time worrying about stuff, that seems to help keep me awake on plenty of other evenings...

No comments:

Post a Comment