Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring is arriving

I did a 3½ hour bike ride yesterday morning which left me pretty tired for the rest of the day. Thankfully I think we have now said goodbye to the winter and can get on with some spring time. My bike computer seems to be dying so I am looking at some options to replace the head unit and keep the heart rate monitor and speed/candence sensors that I alread have. Garmin edge 500 here I come...


MK's appointment at the eye doctor to see if she could have lazik surgery has been cancelled today becuase the guy was sick. That means that she won't know if she can have the treatment until after Easter and she is sick of wearingglasses, but will have to keep them on for another couple of weeks.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:48 pm

    Are wearingglasses just for wearing? (Bit like reading glasses are for reading).
    Have you tried changing the batteries in both sender and receiver - less exciting than shopping fir a new one though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is only one unit - no sender or receiver (unless you count the 30 or satelites that it connects to) and the battery in the unit is an unreplaceable Lithium ion jobby.
    There are fixes on the internet but i'm not taking it apart and soldering wires and making shims for usb connectors. I can't do that sort of stuff, don't have the tools and life is too short.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:41 pm

    Spectacles!
    Sounds like a good decision.
    I have a small, lightweight screwdriver if it would be of any use.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:16 am

    J has loved not having to wear glasses since he had the laser treatment on his eyes, although once done, MK will never be able to bungee jump again ! aj

    ReplyDelete