Monday, March 29, 2010

Springing into the acceptable half of the year

At last we have made it into the half of the year where the evenings are light enough to enjoy, the weather may not completely suck and we get to contemplate turning the heating off.

J and I went shopping for shoes on Saturday morning. He ended up with these with flashing lights in the soles. I don't really like them at all and they were stupifyingly expensive but there wasn't much choice and he needs new shoes so I was left with little choice. For reference, supifyingly expensive = 600kr (approx £70 or $110).


Yesterday morning I went for a bike ride with some bike club or other becuase most of my club were in Holland this weekend with the juniors for some races. We rode about 115km at a fairly lively pace and I was quite worn out by the time I got home over 3½ hours later. I hadn't planned on being out for so long so I had to jump in the shower and then run straight out again with the family to go to the zoo. Everyone had a great time although J wasn't exaclty an angel throughout the trip.



Now he is home for the week as it is Easter holiday and I heard from MK that she was already tired of having them both at home by 10:00 this morning. It would be a long week except for the fact that the boys are going to stay with T&B tomorrow night and I am off work for Easter from Thursday to Tuesday although I have a project running all weekend which will require some of my time and thoughts.
Next up, mowing the lawn and working out how on earth I am supposed to stop my wheels sticking on the car so that I can't get them off to put the summer wheels on. There isn't much point carrying a spare if you can't get the old ones off, but they seem to rust themselves on over the winter and I can't get them off.
In the meatime, I am planning to replace the windscreen and all 4 tyres on the car whilst we are in the UK to help recoup some of the travel costs. I think I can get back about 2000kr on the windscreen and probably more on the tyres...

4 comments:

  1. Kick them while wearing big boots or hit them with a rubber hammer. The wheels on the car not the children.
    Next time you put the wheels on grease them where they contact the backplates the studs.
    wrm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lay on the floor and swung a fence post as hard as I could at tehm from the back of the wheel and still no movement (I only tried one wheel)They're properly welded on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:40 am

    The conventional solution is to smear the contact points with copperslip before putting wheels on.
    100% effective.
    gbn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:41 am

    Try giving J & DK fence posts & letting them bang the wheels.
    m

    ReplyDelete