Thursday, March 18, 2010

Health check

Tomorrow I have a health check at work. I'll be weighed and measured and checked for cholesterol, blood sugar and a bunch of other things. I will of course be completely stressed about the blood pressure test and it will, of course, be on the top end of acceptable. I never really know if it is inherently high or high as the result of testing anxiety.


I am about 5kg lighter than I was when I had this done last year so I hope that the figures will be better for body fat but my blood tests were already all quite good. All I needed to do was get the blood pressure down and I expect I will be told that I still need to lose another 5-10kg depending on how skinny I want to get.
Last spring I was really motivated to shed some weight so that I had a fighting chance of completing the Marmotte bike race in the Alps. This year, I am already in better shape than last and I don't have the mountains looming in the distance as a motivator so I keep failing some of the simple tests. Sugar is too easily consumed and butter too liberally applied. I know that I am intending to take part in a number of bike races this year and I have been training quite consistently over the winter but I can't quite bring myself to turn down a piece of cake. Perhaps I need to sign up for the Marmotte again, I didn't manage to achieve my goal of getting the gold award anyway.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:07 pm

    Have beautiful thoughts of your favorite place before you go in & think low - you can make it go down.
    The only other way I know is to retire, & you're too young for that.
    If you don't buy it, you can't eat it.
    Grandma fatty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:38 pm

    Marmotte is like that - love it or hate it. Best to spread it thin on your toast though - salty nad therefore raises your BP.

    ReplyDelete