Monday, June 15, 2009

Pirate Parties and Christenings


Having endured autumnal weather on both Thursday and Friday with horizontal rain and cold temperatures, it was a pleasant surprise to see the sun again on Saturday. J's nursery had a pirate party in the afternoon so I had planned a long ride in the morning before going to the party in the afternoon. In the end I got out of the door late after clearing up breakfast and dithering whilst the others went to handball and then got a flat about 7km into the ride. This meant that I would have no spare with me and if I got another flat, MK and the boys would have to leave the party to rescue me. I decided to cut the ride short and get home in time for the party despite the sunshine. The party was OK - typical Danish really in that there was approximately 4 times as much cake as could be eaten (each set of parents bought bread rolls or cake to 6-10 so it's not hard to calculate that there was too much).

Yesterday was K&L's daughter's Christening so I got out of the door at 6:30 to make up for the missed miles on Saturday. I managed 55km in 1:45 and then we packed up and moved out for the main event of the day.

Everything went really well, the kids behaved and I didn't eat too much.

Weight yesterday morning was 101kg, but this morning it was 102kg again. This week I am planning to be even more strict with both the eating and training and I am fully expecting to be in double digits by the end of the week. I am still optimistic of seeing 98kg on the scales before we leave next Friday night...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:27 pm

    Our weight often varies a pound or two every day and it's not due to the previous days calories. Sometimes the food eaten the prior day does not move thru our system fast enough, retains water, etc. Eating enough fiber, & less food with added chemicals helps.

    ReplyDelete