Thursday, June 18, 2009

Book Review


Last week I finished reading Nothing to Lose by Lee Childs. It is a Jack Reacher novel and was pretty good action thriller type of thing apparently aimed at the male market. I was drawn to it by the cover which was very clearly somewhere in Colorado and reminded me of the view down the main street in Steamboat Springs.
It was good enough that I will certainly read more of these Jack Reacher books, but not for a while, I think I need something a little more worthy and intellectually challenging next. given that I have a small stack of books that I bought in Birmingham airport to get through, the next book will be The White Tiger and I hope it will entertain me through our holiday.
Exciting things are happening this afternoon. Our chairs are being returned complete with new upholstery and DK is going to the doctors to see why he has such a bad rash around his mouth. I suspect impetigo, but I'm not a doctor...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:21 pm

    How about a classic now & again - Jane Austin is very popular, especially in Bath.
    I hope that the chairs look good.
    m

    ReplyDelete