Monday, June 22, 2009

The joy and frustrations of dressing as a scarecrow


This morning I weighed 99.4kg so the diet and weekend of exercise worked well although it was very tough to resist the cake and chocolate on offer at T&B's in the afternoon after our ride. I rode 116km with BHP yesterday including several loops around the "hills" near Tølløse. The aim was to ride really hard until my legs gave up which happened after about 100km and then we rolled home more or less gently. There were a couple of good things for me to note, firstly I was going reasonably well, secondly it was only a little bit cold without knee and arm warmers and lastly, we got home before the rain hit us.

The frustration of the weight loss is that rather a lot of my trousers now hang rather loosely around my middle and need a belt to keep them up (bear in mind that I was wearing them when I was almost 110kg at Christmas as well). This means that when I do up my belt, there is rather a lot of spare fabric bunched up under the belt and I end up looking like a scarecrow.
The unfortunate news of the weekend was that DK must have eaten something in the garden on Saturday afternoon and subsequently spent all of Saturday night and most of Sunday throwing up all over everyone and everything. We were getting rather worried by last night because he was still retching and giving us the occasional shower of bile and cried for hours. However, he finally went to sleep and seems to be a bit better this morning having drunk some water during the night and had a fair bit of his bottle this morning. We hope it continues...

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:20 pm

    Just hang on to those trousers for decencies sake & just in case you fail to avoid the temptation of T's cake next time.
    G has gone from 42" to 36" waist, necessitating shopping for a new "leisure wardrobe" to match his new lifestyle!
    I have to search him for "designer" carriers every time he comes home.
    What size are your designer "cast offs"?
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have any designer cast offs, most of my clothes are in a pretty poor state anyway, I don't shop much these days. Debenhams bags are always a give away...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:23 pm

    he hides them.
    Presumably the lycra shrinks to fit.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:46 pm

    Are you wearing Debenham's bags ?

    ReplyDelete