Monday, June 08, 2009

Chimney emergency

We've had a weekend at home getting lots of stuff sorted out. On Saturday an upholsterer came to collect our dining chairs and this easy chair to be re covered. The dining chairs will be a fairly bright green and the easy chair will be red.


I then cleared out the guttering, had some lunch and went for a bike ride with BHP. Thankfully I am getting in better shape and am now able to give him a fair workout over the 100km we rode. We also met Lars for a short while so that we could have a rest ;-)
Yesterday MK was working at the polling station for the EU elections so the boys and I did some other stuff around the house. I washed the car and 2 bikes after my 40km morning ride, all in all a good weekend.
This morning I had a medical to get a certificate for the bike races in France. The doctor didn't check anything, she just signed the paper which was great because it also meant that it cost me nothing. Then the chimney sweep came to make his annual check. I think he is employed by the council and all chimneys have to be checked. Ours was blocked by a birds nest so he had to spend 45 minutes getting it out. It seems like a good thing that he checked because apparently there was a high risk of CO poisoning. Now on with the week with the reassurance that I am in good health!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:49 pm

    Congratulations on the state of your health & that of your chimney - to ride 100km you must be well on the way to race fitness.
    I trust that you voted.
    m

    ReplyDelete