Monday, June 30, 2008

Weekend round-up

Saturday started with a rather brutal haircut and a solo trip to the supermarket in the rain and continued in much the same mundane fashion. I went to the fish monger and bought some nice cod fillets, despite his insistence that I should buy a whole salmon instead. MK fell for that last week, but I didn't want another big fish to scale.
I got soaked through on a bike ride in the afternoon but the day was saved by my beer battered cod extravaganza in the evening. I couldn't bring myself to use vodka instead of water, but it worked pretty well even if I say so myself.
Sunday involved removing 4 barrow loads of weeds from the outside of the hedge and plenty of washing and general housey stuff.
I had planned to cycle to work today but in the end I couldn't face carrying the enormous weight of my bag with clothes, shoes, computer etc etc all the way so I brought it all in the car and I'll ride tomorrow without the crud.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:50 pm

    The battered cod was the best I have ever had!
    I have now raked and swept around the hedge, it looks a bit thin now without the weeds.
    MK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:09 pm

    Can you see through/over it? Alors!
    Can we have battered cod when I come - it sounds delicious.
    Go easy on the raking!
    m

    ReplyDelete