Friday, June 06, 2008

Things 'n' stuff

I think I like selling stuff, in the last week or so I have sold a wheel, a saddle, a stem and some tri-bars on eBay. I have also sold a fridge and 3 bikes (one is perhaps an unhatched chicken...) and made a reasonable amount of money. One of the advantages of living in an expensive country is that when you buy stuff cheaper elsewhere, it is still worth some proportion of the new value in Denmark regardless of what you paid for it elsewhere. I actually think that I could sell my 4 year old road bike for about 75% of what I paid for it here.




Anyway, as a result I have just spent 550kr (>$100) at the post office mailing stuff to buyers and bought some cheap training wheels (not to be confused with stabilisers) for the road bike rather than replace the cracked rim and I have ordered more or less everything that I need to build my new commuting/winter training bike.


I can't wait until the parcels start arriving, but apparently the frame will be 4-5 weeks...

Today J has been at the beach with Mormor and we are going over there for a barbecue, it will have to be good to compete with MKs marinaded ribs last night though...

1 comment: