Thursday, June 12, 2008

Fresh from Helsinki


WRM and MGC arrived safely in Denmark yesterday after a few days in Finland and a trip to Estonia. Once they had eaten lunch at Noma and had a quick tour of some of Copenhagen's shops we managed to persuade them out into the countryside for dinner chez nous in Ringsted. It was nice to catch up a little, we are hoping to spend some more time together over the coming few days.

In the meantime I am getting ready for my 24 hour race at the weekend. Tonight I need to charge my lights and pack the things I need into some plastic boxes. I decided that I needed some different tyres for the race, but unfortunately there aren't any 29er tyres available in Denmark. I have ordered some from Germany, but I don't think they will be here in time. Damn.

We have had a bit of rain over the last 24 hours and there are more showers expected before the weekend. I sincerely hope that there is not a lot and the event doesn't end up washed out like it was last year. We at least have the advantage this year, that there has been almost no rain for that last month or so.

I guess I'll have to mow the lawn tonight as well as it has been over a week since I last did it. The rain is sure to prompt it to grow 10cm in the next few days...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:49 pm

    Has K shrunk then or the grass really grown that much?
    m

    ReplyDelete