Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Ksyrium SSC SL

What on earth is that you may wonder, well it is or perhaps was my back wheel on my road bike until Saturday evening. Having carried me far and wide and over at least 40km of baby's head sized cobbles in Flanders, it has given up.


This is pretty annoying to be honest as I have no desire to buy new wheels for this bike and I can't get a matching back wheel for the front any more as they are out of date. What to do? Well I think there are 2 options. Either I get new nice wheels that are of the same quality as the rest of the bike and think about any future changes being bits at a time, or I buy some cheaper training wheels that should be super strong and then when I want a new bike in a couple of years, I can get the whole thing in one go.

I really didn't want to write another bike post, but this was sort of forced upon me. The pollen count here is crazy at the moment and I have super itchy eyes, but I'll take that over cold and wet any day.

Tomorrow I'll let you see how my new glasses look and reveal the drawbacks of buying on-line...

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:03 am

    Thought for a moment you had made Kathryn suffer the ultimate indignation and turned your bike wheel into a coffee table - safety bumper and it revolves,ideal with a perspex tray in the centre. Obvious solution for a country keen on re-cycling.How about wheel chandeliers and wheel wall clocks.Don't tip it re-quip it ! aj

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am seriously considering turing it into a wall closk when I can work out the best way to divide the spoke spaces by 12! I think it will only be allowed in the basement though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:08 pm

    You don't need to.The boys once gave me a swatch which had no markings round the perimeter.Since time is relative and variable, all you need are the hands and a relaxed view to time keeping.aj

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:20 pm

    Do the front wheels have the same name?
    I can think of a third or even fourth option - you can borrow my Raleigh, if you like. It does have two wheels that are round with spokes & black tyres.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:16 pm

    What, no Wed blog?
    m

    ReplyDelete
  6. visit this website go now official statement Continue find more info view publisher site

    ReplyDelete