Monday, June 09, 2008

The big week


This promises to be both an exciting and busy week. Exciting, because we are going to Ikea this evening, oh and WRM (Dad) and MGC (M) are coming to town for a few days and I have my BIG race of the year next weekend.

It'll be busy too for exactly the same reasons.

There are some other bonuses for this week too, namely that MK is starting her maternity leave on Thursday so she can take it a bit easier and relax.

Our weekend was rather relaxing, on Saturday we had the usual post breakfast arguments followed by a trip to the supermarket and some relaxation. I managed to sell the last of my bikes that I had up for grabs and so I am now down to 3: the station bike, a road bike and a mountain bike. The only problem now is that if I chose to ride to work then I have to leave a very expensive bike locked up outside the office for the day. That should be sorted out in a few weeks...

On Sunday J had his first experience of mountain biking, I packed my mountain bike and J's push bike into the car and we headed for the forest. He had a great time rolling down the hills using his feet for brakes, I doubt his shoes are any better for it. He also demanded new wheels every 20-30 meters having watched "Cars" twice a day for over a week he is a little obsessed with motor racing and clearly new wheels are an important part of going fast!

After our ride/walk MK and J went home in the car whilst I got some proper riding in and then rode home. It was a beautiful day and I rode at least one section of the trail that I had never been able to clear before and aced all the sections that I sometimes mess up so I have decided that I am ready for the Nordic 24...

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:58 am

    "That should be sorted out in a few weeks..."
    will this not lead to more of those after breakfast arguments;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All approved up front and the trade off of selling three and buying one without spending (much) money is OK. She now has more bikes in the basement than I do as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:54 pm

    All the best to MK as she starts maternity leave soon and you wind down to wait for the baby's birth. When is he due?

    Di

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is due 11th July, but the first one was 4 weeks early so we are preparing with plenty of time to spare...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:26 pm

    Are you sure that "demanding new wheels" every 20m does not come from his father?
    Arguments are always better after meals as they don't then put you off your food or give the chance of a food fight.
    Sounds like a good w/e.
    Regards to WR & M
    m

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:32 pm

    Beryl Burton ! (rather than Gordon Bennett) you've still got more bikes than the puddled Sir Walter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:08 pm

    Who is Beryl Burton?
    I can cope with Sir Walter - He made mine!
    m

    ReplyDelete