Thursday, June 05, 2008

Grundlovs Day

Today is Constitution day in Denmark, the last public holiday before Christmas so we get either a full day off as in the case of MK or half a day off like me. Thankfully I can work from home and I don't expect to be getting too many emails...

I have had a fair amount of success selling our stuff, the only thing remaining to sell is the saddle and MK has to find out something about it before we have any idea what it is worth. My Cannondale mountainbike went last night and I am meeting someone with the other bike tomorrow evening. I can now get ordering the replacement and have a fair amount at my disposal without having to add to the budget from sold items.

The tomato plant

The weather has been very dry and sunny here for a while now so the lawn is going brown and we are recycling J's bathwater to keep our new fruit trees and bushes alive. I hope there isn't a faint taste of wee in the fruit! Another consequence of the weather is that the pollen count is super high so itchy eyes and running noses seem to be the order of the day all round.

The walnut tree.

It's rather exciting to see that I have reached 20 000 hits in about 27 months. I'm quite pleased with that :-)

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:23 am

    For centuries crops have been fertilised with night soil and apart from the horrendous death toll through cholera and diptheria,it has generally been beneficial. Boltonic sells its dried sewage products for fertiliser purposes under the brand name Boltonic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:42 pm

    Is "day pee" equivalent to "night soil"?
    What is a "Grundlov"?
    Lovely day -
    I'm meant to be gardening!
    m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Constitution day as it says in the post

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:45 pm

    I did read that,it doesn't sound like "constitution day", does it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. so Grund doesn't sounds like ground and lov not like law so the words together are anything like ground-laws maybe a bit like a constitution?

    ReplyDelete