Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Torn

I don't know what to do.

MK and I went to take a look at the Finn yesterday evening and it's not in too bad condition, but needs some work before it would be sea worthy again. The supports on the side of the centreboard are rotten and need replacing, it needs some buoyancy bags and I suppose that all of the rigging (ropes and stuff) need replacing. On top of that, the launch trolley is a write off.

On the plus side it is in reasonable condition without any obvious damage and all of the important bits are there. There are 2 sales and it is geographically close and it is also the only Finn for sale within 100s of miles as far as I can see.

I think it is a doable winter project to get the boat sail-able again and I don'think it would cost too much, but I need some more evidence to support this for my own and MK's peace of mind.

We also need a new washing machine, but that's significantly less boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment