Monday, August 13, 2012

Pillar to Post

It's been an incredibly busy weekend. I started cutting the hedge last week in the evenings so the inside was done before we started on Saturday morning. We had rented a trailer from 10 for 4 hours and we used all of that time cutting the rest, collecting the cuttings up and taking them to the tip along with a friends cuttings from her allotment.

We collected DK from a birthday part at 2:30 and then had some lunch before MK and the boys drove to the summer house and I cycled the 55km over there for a quick swim in the sea and supper.

Sunday involved a bit more swimming and getting started on the boat repairs. I have removed the rotten centreboard supports and a friend gave me some marine plywood so that I can make some replacements. We smoked some fish for lunch with the rest of the ever increasing family before I cycled home and MK took the boys for ice cream and got on with cooking dinner.

A final hour or so of ironing before bed and I was completely finished. With a bit of luck, I may be able to get the boat into the water next weekend. Fingers crossed.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:28 pm

    Busy, busy.
    Makes my w/e seem relaxed.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:56 pm

    No kale ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:06 pm

    Incredible - Almost unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:23 pm

    Isn't incredible completely unbelievable?
    m

    ReplyDelete