Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Camping

I have been trying to take one or both of the kids camping for nearly 2 years but as soon as there is some good weather, we are busy and as soon as we have time, the weather is crappy.

This weekend looks like it will be an example of the above squeezed into 3 days. We have a bank holiday on Friday so camping is a possibility Thursday, Friday or Saturday nights.

Thursday has a fantastic forecast, but J has both gymnastics and football in the afternoon and evening meaning that he will not be free until nearly 7pm and he will be exhausted.

Friday will not have such great weather and the temperature will be down to around 2C so I think it will be too cold. I am tempted to take him anyway or maybe go on my own tomorrow night. However, I think camping alone would be extremely boring so I am 99.9% certain that I'm not going to do that.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:09 pm

    Stuff being on your own, sleeping in a tent, on cold, wet ground with no en suite would put me off.
    Perhaps it's age related.
    m

    ReplyDelete