Monday, April 30, 2012

I hate IKEA

The kids were at a birthday party together on Sunday so we took the opportunity to punish ourselves by going to IKEA. We got quite a few odds and ends along with a book shelf/cupboard things on wheels for J's room and a big book shelf for the living room.

No problems with J's shelf, but the bigger version that we were having in the living room appeared to have been run over in the box by a fork lift truck.

Bother!

I took it back to change it this evening costing me about £5 in extra petrol for taking the big car and about an hour of my life. I checked the box in the car park as best I could to make sure that this one was not damaged and came home.

After dinner I set about building the replacement shelf (I suspect that you can already guess where this is going) and the bottom edge of the bottom piece of wood is also smashed.

Double Bother!

Now we have decided to buy some decent quality furniture instead and I can make another trip to the hell whole that is IKEA later in the week to get my money back.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:12 am

    Well, that's IKEA for you.
    An old piece, that's stood the test of time, that's what you need.
    have you tried the red cross shop?
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:17 pm

    We have the bookcase 6ft by 6ft, weighs a ton and will be here forever.Had to take the billy bookcases back because they were daubed with black felt tip. On that occasion, could not find the exit, despite directions to follow the yellow painted feet on the floor. Thought I would be there forever, trapped in an Ikea alternative universe, kept reaching the restaurant- the red pepper soup was OK, but was supposed to be working in Bradford .Eventually exited. In future will take a ball of string cf Perseus ? and the minotaur. aj

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:12 pm

    How many times did you have to eat in the restaurant before you escaped?
    g

    ReplyDelete