Monday, April 16, 2012

Uncast

We finally got the test results to show that DK didn't have MRSA so he could go to the hospital to have his casts removed. I was at work so I couldn't join in with the occasion, but apparently it wasn't a lot of fun. I am told that the nurses hadn't seen that type of cast before and didn't really know how to get them off and then had to wait for a porter to come and help as they were not strong enough. DK cried throughout the experience apart from the intermission whilst they waited for the porter and ate ice cream. After the casts were off, both he and J got loose Lego to bring home and DK had another ice cream to make up for the ordeal. He was a bit careful on his feet after getting home until he fell over and hurt himself so now he is crawling again. Thankfully Morror and or Morfar can take care of him tomorrow so he can recover a nit more before going back to nursery. I'm off to Bulgaria for a couple of days tomorrow which will be a new experience for me. I'll be in Varna on the Black Sea if anyone is interested.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:21 pm

    Glad that it's all over - his little legs must feel very strange after a month of weight & support.
    I'm sure Mormor will give him enough ice cream to recover.
    Hope the nits are cured, have a good trip.
    m

    ReplyDelete