Friday, May 25, 2012

Coaching

At the start of the year I decided that I would try getting some coaching for my cycling this year so that I could get the most out of my racing and training.

I had been in touch with a coach based in the UK for a while through an internet forum (he coaches at a high level and is apparently well known and respected) and I agreed with him that he would make a 2 month program for me for the cost of one months coaching rather than the usual minimum 3 month minimum sign on period.

I agreed to that and sent him some money at the end of February. Unfortunately, I have only had a couple of mails from him since then and not a jot of coaching. I have mailed him once a week or so to remind him that I am still waiting, but to no avail.

I just send him the following mail, perhaps I'll get an answer to this one, but I'm not hopeful:


Hi Dave

With my first race of the season tomorrow, perhaps I shouldn't loose faith in you before I know how my form is. However, despite how great it has been having my own personal coach over the last few months, I just haven't noticed the improvements in performance that I was hoping for. As a result I have decided that it would be a better investment for me to buy some race wheels and leave my coaching up to Chris Carmichael and Joel Friel, after all, their advice is relatively inexpensive and whilst they probably won't answer my mails either, at least they never said that they would.

Maybe you would like to make a contribution to my new set of (used) race wheels by returning the money that I sent you and we can leave it at that?

Have a lovely weekend, I hope the sun is shining wherever you are.

Best regards

William

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:21 pm

    Let me have the b......'s address & I'll sort him out for you,
    Good letter,
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:29 pm

    The joys of internet shopping!

    ReplyDelete