Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Flax Seeds - too much information

As something of an experiment in further weight management, I have started eating flax seed again. Last week I was eating just a couple of big mouthfuls of whole seeds washed down with some water which seemed to be fine, no significant affects other than keeping things moving and getting down to 92kg again for the first time since January. Apparently your body is not able to break down the husks of the seeds, but there is some soluble fibre released that does something along the route.



After a slightly cheat filled weekend (with >160km/100 miles of cycling) I was a couple of kg up again this week so I have decided to switch things up and try grinding the seeds in a pestle and mortar before I eat them. The result should be that I am able to digest some more of the goodies within the seeds and also take advantage of more of the goodies and fibre inside.

The effect is quite noticeable!

Weight wise, there hasn't been a great deal of progress, however, it has only been a day, I didn't exercise yesterday and I ate a lot of strawberries and cream last night so it's not easy to tell the effect. I'll stick to eating them every day this week and see what happens other than not wanting to venture too far from the bog during the morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment