Monday, January 02, 2012

Happy New Year

I (obviously) took a break from blogging over Christmas and the New Year. We have been busy with guests and general festivities and I have been working hard getting the basement sorted out.

It was lovely to have G&G visit for Christmas and the kids really enjoyed having them stay despite, or perhaps because we had to move them into the same room together.

New Years Eve was a quiet event as usual, we always seem to end up having an evening in with some nice food and a bottle of bubbly. This year I knocked up a quick beef wellington to eat after the fois gras that we shared with the kids and we demolished the (almost) last of the Christmas chocolates before midnight when I had to get back into weight loss mode. I managed to gain about 5kg in a week by eating lots of chocolates and cake. I aim to get rid them and more before the end of the month so it is strictly slow carb for me in January.

The basement is going well, I hope to get the main room finished this week and then move on to the rest of the basement as well as changing the insulation in the loft and putting a new floor down in the hall. It's going to be a busy time until Easter.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:20 pm

    We really enjoyed our stay - we decorated before the new year's day lunch - put up the cards & the George Jensen decorations.
    They look grand!
    Played lego this pm with B, E & co.
    B won!
    m

    ReplyDelete