Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Walls

The walls are done and I have the skirting board that I need to replace the rotten stuff in the main room in the basement. Tonight is guitar night and I am away overnight on Thursday so I only have Wednesday night this week to work on the house. I am hoping that will be enough time to get the radiator pipes painted and the skirting board repaired and painted. Then I can spend a bit of time at the weekend doing the last job - getting the floor painted.

I am convinced that the builders have done something to the insulation in the loft as the house seems to get cold very quickly since they were working up there. There isn't much insulation and we were told that it should be replaced. The insulation itself is not expensive and I don't think it is difficult to put it in, but I know if will be a time consuming and dirty job and there are a couple of areas that I don't know how to deal with. How do I get the insulation under/over the walkway and on the loft hatch for example???

I don't suppose I'll get around to doing anything about the insulation before the end of January but I know I have to do it at some point.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:05 pm

    Glue or strap or tack it to the hatch.
    If you can't get it under the walkway (whatever that is) put it over. There is also styrofoam and granular insulation for inaccessible places.
    Wrm

    ReplyDelete