Thursday, December 22, 2011

Woops

Turns out that today is the shortest day. It's dark and grey whatever!

Last night was spent wrapping presents and getting ready for guests. Apparently J now understands that we have bought wrapping paper and is aware of what his presents are wrapped in so we have to get secret paper for Father Christmas's presents now. I guess it only gets more complicated.

It has been fun to hear J talking about the nativity play they did at school (it is a Catholic school so I suppose it's unavoidable) but it's odd to find myself encouraging him to believe in Father Christmas whilst at the same time having trouble hearing him talk about Mary and Jesus, Adam and Eve without interrupting and explaining that I think it's a load of rubbish. I suppose these are things that he will find out for himself as he get's older, but given that there is the same amount of evidence for the existence of Father Christmas as there is for God, then I suppose he'll come to the same conclusion as me unless the Catholics get to him whilst they have the chance...

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:32 pm

    I think that you are misguided - check your facts re evidence.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turns out that the 21st was the shortest day!

    Oh yes, that incontrovertible proof of the existence of god... what was it again?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:57 pm

    It was.

    Life, love, the Universe.......

    Has someone been using your computer login?
    m

    ReplyDelete