Monday, December 05, 2011

Red wall, yellow wall, orange wall

So last week I fixed the lining paper and painted the wall orange.

We hated it (It was mostly me that hated it, MK just wasn't keen, but it turned my stomach)

Then I painted it light yellow twice. We still weren't happy.

Then I got more paint charts and found that there is an "accent red" that should go with the other colours in the room so now we have the wall split in two, the right hand side is dark red (it took 3 coats) and the left is still light yellow. The red is OK, but it goes much better with the darker shade of yellow on the other walls than the light yellow adjacent to it. Guess what? I need to get some darker yellow and do that half of the wall now.

I am really bored of painting that wall.

Tomorrow and electrician is coming to put some extra sockets in the basement and I suppose I'll go to buy some paint.

Would anyone like to suggest what I should do with the pipes that are buried in the concrete floor that used to take the oil from the tank under the drive to the boiler room. The plumber has put caps on them but they stick up out of the floor in the middle of 2 rooms and are really in the way. How do I make sure there is no oil left in them and what should I do to get rid of them?

A prize for the best answer!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:36 am

    Dig up the floor, remove the pipes & sell for scrap?
    You are too much of a perfectionist - paint them all beige.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:09 pm

    Room for movement.....Wilkinson's delivery lorries have the left rear door painted red labelled red lorry and the right rear door painted yellow saying .......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work is very good and I appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts. Thank you for sharing great information to us. plumber

    ReplyDelete