Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Where have I been

I can't believe I have't posted in 5 days. I've been very busy.

Friday was the company quarterly meeting where we all get together to find out what is going on in the organisation, this was followed by the Christmas party. I didn't drink too much, but I wasn't in bed until 3:30 as a result of missed trains so I was pretty tired on Saturday.

We bought a Christmas tree on Saturday but to be honest, that was about all I could manage. Sunday was a different story. I have been painting in the basement quite prolificly ever since (with some help from BHP). Now the old boiler room is gleaming white with a grey painted floor ready for me to be filled with shelves and "man's stuff" and the space under the stairs is gleaming white and ready for the freezer and more shelves and more stuff. The biggest challenge at the moment is finding room for all the stuff whilst we work on the rest of the basement.

I am not sure that my hope of having the main room done by Christmas is in any way realistic (having just re-checked the calendar, I can see that it is not) but I'll keep working on it until it is done.

Photos to follow...

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:31 am

    Thought you were still sleeping or hibernating perhaps. Thanks for the Xmas present, which came yesterday. I can see this will be a merry xmas. love aj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:34 pm

    Are we to bring boiler suits?
    m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, please bring boiler suits and paint brushes!

    ReplyDelete