Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Poison

I went out for dinner last night with some colleagues and had a really nice meal at Cofoco (Copenhagen Food Company). 6 interesting courses and a laugh to go with it. Not bad.

The meal wasn't a total diet blow-out as the courses were small and seemed pretty healthy, however, as I am working at home today, I thought I'd try making a vegetable juice drink to go with my lunch. I juiced 3 large carrots, 3 sticks of celery (which I hate) and some fresh ginger. It seems that there was too much ginger, I am not keen on carrot juice and I hate celery so the experience was basically thoroughly unpleasant. I was expecting it to be dreadful anyway so I just downed it in one and went back to work. However, 30 minutes later I feel like I have been poisoned so I hope that I survive the afternoon!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:33 pm

    Ever try juicing an apple with your veggies .... really nice! I too was sick at heart over what happened to Wouter, I watch the Giro over here every May.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:09 pm

    Basically if you hate some kind of food it's your body's way of telling you that it isn't good for you. Mixing a cocktail of such foods, even in a juice form, would appear to be tantamount to a death wish, i.e. "I wish I was dead" shortly after having consumed it.
    Moral: listen to your body. Urrgh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:29 am

    Comment 2 is exactly what I was going to say, probably expressed rather better than I would have done & carrying more weight (pardon the thought) as it's not by your mother.
    I don't do citrus fruits for the same reason.
    Hope you're better.
    m

    ReplyDelete