Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Planning

Following on from our decision to renovate our house rather than moving, we have immediately run into some stumbling blocks. The first is to agree what has to be done, when and by whom. It appears that both the quality of my workmanship and the humour in which the work is done are being drawn into question by some of the other residents of the house and there was an assumption that more or less all of the work would be done by tradesmen.

I, on the other hand, thought that there were some jobs that I could certainly manage on my own without killing anyone or making a total hash of it so I think we will have to negotiate somewhat to see who will do what.

In the meantime, we have to figure out what has to be done in which order, what we can do ourselves and what has to be left to professionals and finally figure out what it will all cost and where the money will come from. As it stands, I don't think there'll be much done before next summer with the exception of fixing the roof and adding insulation to the loft.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:25 pm

    I wouldn't stand any such nonsense from DK.
    m

    ReplyDelete