Monday, May 23, 2011

Great weekend

We made the most of the long weekend.

On Friday we messed around and relaxed for much of the day and I managed 75km out on my bike before we went to friends for supper in the evening. (To be honest, I can't really remember what we did during the day)

On Saturday we went to the forest and had a barbecue at a spot where you can sleep on a wooden platform. Our disposable barbecue was a dud so I had to do a full on Ray Meyers style camp fire in order to cook the lamb and sausages but it all worked out fantastically well in the end and we had a really nice day.




MK, J and DK went to football in the morning whilst I got another 100km in on my bike and then we did a bit more messing in the garden until the rain arrived later in the afternoon. I roasted a chicken which was entirely wasted on the children, but MK and I enjoyed it anyway and we hit the hay before 10:00 becuase we were all exhausted.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:51 pm

    I'm impressed with the cooking from first principles bit - did you have matches or was it a case of rubbing two sticks together over dry moss - that always works well for
    m

    ReplyDelete