Thursday, October 07, 2010

Small rant

So the surveyor thinks we use 4792 litres of oil per year. I have no idea how he calculated that based on seeing only the last 2 oil invoices and not knowing how much is in the tank at the moment. We told him our estimate was 3000 to 3500 per year.
I was a little annoyed with the report so I got out all the old oil invoices and calculated that we actually use 2325 litres per year. Now I've told him, I'll be interested to see what their reaction is. I don't expect him to admit that he's wrong, but maybe he'll change the report.

I also mentioned that it seems ridiculous that we get the lowest possible rating when I would say that there is a significant improvement in efficiency by having the double glazed windows and 100mm of insulation in the loft. I cannot imagine that there is such a big difference between a house that has an A rating and one that has a B rating.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:06 pm

    It is 10 years today since you made your infamous speech at our wedding!!
    E

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:50 pm

    our loft has 220mm of insulation not a meagre 100. extra insulation cost £140 last summer!
    GBN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:27 am

    Hit him.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:41 am

    The insulation debate; mostly I am wearing fleeces. aj

    ReplyDelete