Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Bad moods and trainers

This morning was dreadfull, J got out of the wrong side of the bed and so, apparently, did I. That meant that there was a lot of screaming and shouting before MK finally threw me out of the house to go to work and leave them to finish getting ready.

Based on the initial catalyst for this morning's debacle, I think watching the TV in the mornings is going to be banned for the forseable future as there is always some stroppiness associated with turning it off. We don't need to add any more stroppiness to the house when there are 3 non-morning people living in it.

I am really enjoying my air max trainers that I bought a couple of months ago to ease my feet and legs into working standing up all day. I used to wear trainers all the time and I had forgotten how comfortable they are. I also think they look OK too. There is something of a cult following for Nike air max shoes and some of the ones I had in the past are still available as re-issued collectors items.

The silver 97s were probably my favourites
Followed by my blue 95s.



I had some others that apparently weren't interesting enough to be re-issued, but today I am wearing my rather fine 2009s
And at some point in the future I am hoping to get my hands on a pair of 2011s if, as or when I can find the colour and size that I want. At the moment I think I prefer the grey and orange, but the black and neon ones are rather spiffy too...


4 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:27 pm

    What's the theory behind the standing up, it's not good for the circulation or the lower spine to stnd all the time? I ahve sciatica and have never heard about that from any Dr -

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:23 pm

    Sitting down bends the lower spine and then puts all of your weight (except your legs) onto the bent spine which squeezes the prolapsed disc and either makes it worse or prevents it from healing. It is sitting down too much and sitting badly that caused my disc prolapse in the first place.
    William

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:00 pm

    I can assure you that the turning off the tv thing gets even worse when they are 6, and all rules are ignored.!
    E

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:21 pm

    W I doubt your diagnosis that sitting/ sitting badly caused your prolapse.
    It may have been the major cause of weakening the area but
    something traumatic must have happened to trigger the damage.
    I would be very wary of overstressing your back with an early return to a heavy training regime on the bike.
    G

    ReplyDelete