Monday, October 18, 2010

Autumn

We had a couple of frosts last week and the thermometer told us that it was -2C on Saturday morning so there can be no doubt that the Winter is just around the corner.

We had no real plans for the weekend so we concentrated on recovering from last week. DK was much better by Saturday and back to his usual petulant self. MK decided to take the boys to the library whilst I went for my first bike ride since June. I rode 45km without any problems at all, not even a niggle from my back so I was very happy about that. I was significantly less happy about how much less fit I am than I was in June, but that is to be expected and I can work on that over the winter. I spent a couple of hours watching the last bike race of the season on television whilst I did some ironing. The Giro di Lombardia always appeals to me as  race to go and watch, I don't know why, maybe it is because it is not in northern France/Belgium like most of the other "Classic" races. Maybe one day I'll get down there to watch it with MK and our bikes. This year it was brutal, the weather was very cold and wet meaning that only 34 finished the race of the 195 who started. Well done to Philipe Gilbert.


Sunday was another uneventful day, we went for a walk in the forest and collected lots of leaves and sticks and things. I think MK has a plan to use them for some art project with the kids when they are all home together at the end of the week. 

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:06 am

    Did all of that cycling darken you complexion?
    Take it easy so that you don't strain anything - 45km sounds like a week's work to me.
    Enjoy the autumn collages.
    m

    ReplyDelete